There's a certain balance that most everyone tries to strike between being happy and letting go of the pressure to always be happy. While fostering happiness is no easy feat, there are always small changes to your mindset and lifestyle that can boost your mood and won't feel like a chore. Next time you feel yourself sinking into a bad mood or envying those around you who seem to burst with positivity no matter what, don't fret. Take stock of your habits that might be holding you back and know that there are plenty of feel-good activities to incorporate into your daily routine. According to PureWow, you can feel happier by practicing these five mood-boosting healthy habits.
1. Practice gratitude. There will always be little moments throughout even the busiest of days to be thankful for, whether it's savoring your morning cup of coffee or enjoying the commute to work.
2. Exercise every day. Take advantage of endorphins released from something as simple as 30 minutes of cardio a day.
3. Prioritize sleep. Regular sleep patterns can do wonders for your mood and energy levels. Make a point to create a bedtime ritual that gets you to sleep at a reasonable hour each night.
4. Try meditation. As little as 15 minutes of still, quiet time in the morning can help ease stress and improve your mood.
5. Get mad. When your mood is at a low point, don't ignore your feelings. Allow yourself to be angry and move through your emotions so you can release negative energy and make way for a better mood.
Up next, seven TED Talks on happiness that will make you smile from ear to ear.